Pages

Saturday, 27 April 2013

New soaps and new stockists!

I've been busy creating more new soaps, and the only problem I'm having is that some have been almost selling out before I had a chance to list them online! I'm still a bit in awe of how much this little business has taken off in such a short time :-)
Here are pic of a few soaps I released since my last post :-

The ever popular Coffee & Cinnamon Hand soap, this sold out really quickly first time around, this second batch has only a handful left so its next on the list, hopefully to be made again today.

Coffee & Cinnamon Kitchen hand soap

I have since been assured that my 'kitchen' hand soap is also perfect for gardeners and mechanics! It is a real dirt buster with its grainy texture.

I loved making this Goats Milk soap, I kept it unscented so it would be best suited for sensitive skins, and I just loved the caramel colour it turned out, so creamy looking! It was begging to be cut into large chunks (rather like a caramel slice?!)

Goats Milk Slice (or should that be chunk?!)
It has been noticed that lots of my soaps are somewhat edible looking, 'good enough to eat' is often the comment! I must admit it is probably more of a subconcious decision, but I do love food and soaps! Working with natural ingredients, including herbs, flowers, milks and spices etc it seems inevitable that the soap will end up looking foody :-)

Lastly I was thrilled to receive my first commission last month - a local boutique guest house here in Mount Victoria asked if could make guest soaps that were a little more special than the usual-run-of-the-mill cheap hotel type. After some discussion we both felt lavender was the most widely accepted scent, and would fit perfectly with the style of the old cottages.

I made a large batch of custom smaller size soaps, although still around 30g which is good for quite a few uses. (The usual motel/hotel style soaps are around 15g) they are coloured with natural colouring (naturally!) which is alkanet root powder - an interesting colourant which can vary according to the ph level of the soap!
A sprinkling of lavender flowers finishes them off nicely I think. These will be placed on the guests pillows as a welcome gift.


Guest soaps drying on the rack and boards

And in other exciting news, I now have 2 local stockists for The Natural Soap Emporium. The first was 'Studio 52' which is a fab store and creative hub in Blackheath, selling locally made goods and also running creative workshops.
The second store is 'Bespoke and Found' which is in Leura, another amazing space loaded with the some of the best hand made and local wares I have seen!
I was so happy to secure these two, it is pretty cool to see my creations up there amongst lovely things created by some really talented artists.

I will also be 'out and about' selling at a local market - news soon!

Happy soaping :-)
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment